The cat-cushion

 
IMG_3457
 
A little while ago a little Elliot was born to some dear friends of mine. His parents both being very creative, the present had to be a little bit quirky, and most definitely homemade!
 
As you may know I don't have a lot of free time of late, so it had to be a quick and easy project. This idea of a cat-cushion had entered my mind after spotting this Catnap fabric by Lizzy House on Fabricrehab... I had noticed that Elliot's mum had liked the print when I showed it on fb, so at least I wasn't taking too many chances with the fabric... Ok, I hear you say, a cat-cushion made with cat-fabric it really isn't the idea of century, so no, it isn't, but I quite liked it, and it allowed me to work in small 10-minute sessions (cutting out - changing a nappy - sewing the piping on - feeding - assembling - burping - i think you get the jist !) so that was a bonus. First post-baby sew, very pleased indeed!
 
IMG_3479
 
IMG_3480
 
Love these little grinning heads!

IMG_3481
 
IMG_3484
 
IMG_3485
 
But you know what made me grin like a Cheshire cat? It was getting this great photo of Elliot with his newly-adopted cushion... doesn't he make you melt?!!
 
PS : feel free to pin images of this projects if you like, but please don't "pin" the baby! Many thanks...

Elliot

And soon to come in the animal cushion series, the monkey-cushion using monkey fabric ! ;)
 
***
 
Creative Commons License

Comments

Popular Posts