Furniture upcycling # 1 : the TV unit

 
IMG_2249
 
When we moved into our new place, we were missing something to pop the TV on. Rather than spending loads of money on something new and uninspiring, I lived up to my reputation of being quite stingy and found something old, ugly and cheap from the charity shop !
 
IMG_1007

So after sanding this orange G Plan horror I was able to start painting. The drawer took rather a long time, and a LOT of masking tape !!The result is far from perfect (as you can see on the close ups...)but if you don't look too closely it looks OK, and never fails to get comments from guests. And it is practical and cheap, so for a first attempt I am reasonably satisfied. I let you be the judge of the final result...
IMG_2245

IMG_2246

IMG_2252

IMG_2260

IMG_2261

OK, it's quite ugly with all the household appliances on it, should have taken the pictures before it fulfilled its destiny as a TV unit...
For the techniques used (and a bit of inspiration too!) I used Barabara Blair's Furniture Makeovers book. More détails, as well as an other furniture project, in an upcoming post!
 

Comments

Popular Posts